Your credit union offers a savings account for your convenience. Your $20 deposit establishes your membership at the credit union and opens up all our other services to you. There are no fees for maintaining your savings account and the credit union provides share life insurance to eligible members that will match the balance in your account up to $2,000. See the Share Life Insurance Certificate at our Forms and Disclosures link for additional details. Share Rates are competitive and paid monthly based on the daily balance of your account.
Your key to 24 hour access to your account. With an ATM card you can use any of over 100,000 ATM machines nationwide. Just look for any ATM that displays the Plus or STAR network. If you have a checking account, you can also use your ATM card to make purchases at point of sale merchants who display the Star network.
Avoid 4 ATM surcharges a month at LCLFCU at nearly 30,0000 Co-Op Network ATMs.
Watch the video below for more information.
That's right. At your credit union you get unlimited check writing with no monthly or per check fee with no minimum balance requirement. With our optical storage system, we provide you with a permanent record for all the checks you write. You can also access your free checking with a free VISA Check Card, accepted at any merchant location that honors VISA.
Visa Check Card
You can access your checking account with your free VISA Check Card. This card is accepted by any merchant who displays a VISA logo. Your purchases are automatically deducted from your checking account and you receive a record of your purchases on your monthly statement. This card also doubles as your access to Plus and STAR ATM's nationwide and the STAR point of sale network.
LCLFCU offers a very competitive Money Market account if you are looking for higher dividends with maximum liquidity. The Money Market account requires a minimum balance of $1,000 but you can withdraw any amount at anytime. Compare our Share Rates and see what this account can do for you.
For members looking for even higher dividend earnings, our certificates of deposit are for you. Your credit union offers certificate terms from 6 months to 2 years. With a low minimum deposit of $500 any member can benefit from the higher earnings offered. All dividends are paid monthly. Take a look at our current Share Rates.
Do you want to put away money for the next holiday season? Our Christmas Club account is for you. The account earns dividends at the same Rate as the regular share account. To make your Christmas shopping easier, Christmas Club checks are available the third week in October. Take advantage of this convenient way to save for the holiday season.
Your family members are eligible for an account with LCLFCU. Start a Youth Account today for that special youngster in your life. As a member owner youth accounts are required to maintain a minimum account balance of $20.00 at all times – this is called par.
Our LCLFCU members over age 60 receive the following benefits:
- Free checks
- Free money orders
- Quarter percent reduction in loan rates at age 62
(excludes home loans and VISA Credit Cards)
TIPS for ATM Safety & Security
- Always pay close attention to the ATM and your surroundings.
- Be wary of people trying to "help" you with your ATM transaction.
- Do not use an ATM that appears unusual looking or offers options with which you are not familiar or comfortable.
- Do not allow people to look over your shoulder as you enter your PIN code.
- Do not re-enter your pin if the ATM "eats" your card – contact a credit union employee immediately.
- Never write your PIN on the back of your card.
- Do your automated banking in a public, well-lit location.
- Never count cash at the machine or in public. Wait until you are home, in your car or another secure place.
- When using a drive-up ATM, keep your engine running, your doors and windows locked, and leave enough room between your car and others in the ATM drive-up line.
- Closely monitor your statements, as well as your balance, and immediately report any problems to the credit union.